In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Spring Break! Part I (sorry it's a novel...)

Spring Break this year was by far one of the best spring breaks of my life. I had the opportunity to go visit my husband who is stationed in Pensacola, Florida for training with the Navy. It started out Wednesday night/ Thursday morning with a red-eye, midnight flight from SLC to Charlotte, North Carolina.
Leaving Salt Lake City at 11:59 PM. Thanks Jennifer for the ride!


I was anticipating to sleep, but it didn't happen. until about the last 15 minutes of the flight. I then hung out in the MASSIVE Charlotte airport for several hours, and even took a nap. My plan was, to find a nice little bench and sleep, but there were no nice little benches...only seats with arm rests. So I found my gate, rolled under the seats, and slept for about an hour. After my layover, I was headed to Pensacola! When I boarded the plane, someone took my window seat which I was disappointed in, since I planned to sleep some more, but I slept on the plane anyways! (Quick side note complaints 1.) about US airways....they don't provide complimentary snacks. 2.) Nothing makes you feel more like a loser than boarding zone 5, just sayin.) At 10:30 am Thursday morning, I finally arrived in Pensacola!

What  a beautiful city it was! SO GREEN! After retrieving my luggage and finding a cab, I arrived at the Navy Gateway Inn located on Naval Air Station Pensacola. Obviously, I crashed! But I set my alarm for 1 hour before Geoff would get out of class so I could get ready. Funny story about that...well my phone hadn't switched time zones yet so it was an hour behind. So I set my alarm for 2:30 so I could be ready by 3:30, but really it was only 1:30, and I was ready by 2:30. Thank goodness for in-room television :) Finally at 3:45 his rental car pulls up. And let me tell you, every time I see him after a long period of separation, it is the greatest feeling in the whole world! We spent that night at Red Robbin with his friends and hanging out at the mall. It was fun meeting his friends after hearing about them for 4 months. Unfortunately since he had training the next day, he couldn't stay with me, which is why we were with his friends that night- the Navy follows the buddy system. Unless weekend liberty is granted with a family member, no sailor can be alone off base. So we said goodnight and he went back to base and I crashed-- I was exhausted! Friday is the day that the fun starts... :) and it is getting late so I will finish that post tomorrow! (..to be continued...)

1 comment:

  1. I hope part 2 is coming soon. I better read that there was some kissing during this trip! haha.

    ReplyDelete