In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Life after death

Wow! It has been a while since we posted last. Oh well! Over the weekend, we attended the funeral of Geoffery's sweet grandmother. She passed away Monday morning in her home. It was a surprise to everyone. Geoff, who is currently serving in the United States NAVY, was able to recieve family tragedy leave and return home from Florida to attend the funeral services. Although he was in town for terrible circumstances, we really enjoyed spending time together this weekend. It had been almost 3 months, and I was ready to see him again. But that's not the purpose of this post. Being a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I have always believed in the plan of salvation, or life after death. For the first time in my 21 years, I KNOW there is life beyond the grave. There is no doubt in my mind that we will live an eternal life after this one, and that our actions and behavior in this life, will absolutely effect the next. I have always believed. But I am grateful for the experience I had when the spirit confirmed my beliefs. I couldn't be happier with the man I have decided to spend eternity with. I am so grateful to have qualified to recieve the blessings of the temple and be sealed to him for time and all eternity.

3 comments:

  1. I love this post. You have such a testimony, it beams bright wherever you go! I was so excited (along with everyone and their dog) when we heard you got to see your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Brittany! The knowledge that I will see Grandma again gave me comfort after my frustrations of trying to get a flight out of the Midwest - I really wanted to be there. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this post a lot! And I think you should post more so I have more to stalk. :)

    ReplyDelete