In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

A little crafty

So for those of you who follow me on Pinterest, you have noticed I have a board called "projects for this summer." Well here is the first accomplished project for this summer! 


Here is a quick tutorial for those of you who are also interested:
Materials:

  • Art canvas
  • Material (I used half a yard and had PLENTY to spare)
  • a hot glue gun and glue sticks (I purchased a cheap gun at Hobby Lobby for 2.99)
  • Buttons
Directions:

  • Cut the cloth to it's desired size
  • Glue the cloth onto the canvas
  • Trace your desired letter onto the cloth lightly with a pencil
  • Glue your buttons onto the cloth
  • Keep going until you are satisfied
  • Have fun!
I am definitely not the best at crafting, and I think I pulled this off quite nicely. If I can do it, anyone can do it. It's quick, cheap, fun, and makes a great wall decoration. I chose neutral colors so it will match any furniture or room we have now or in the future. But adding some color would also be super cute! I also plan on adding some colored ribbon before hanging it on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment